Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] overlapping pin/pad -- won't form thermal

Steve Meier wrote:
> I am also interested in why you would want a thermal for connecting a
> via onto a pad in which the via is sitting.

?? OK, I'm still under-caffeinated, but I don't parse your question.
I'm guessing you missed my initial rant?  What I was trying to do is
create an oblong pin to ease hand soldering.  So I created a pad
overlapping a pin to create the desired shape.  The whole effort
foundered because pcb won't create thermals on the resulting oblong pins
-- pcb give the pin a thermal flag, but the thermal doesn't render
because of the overlapping pad.

-dave