Re: gEDA-user: Pcb performance issues

Stephen Ng wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has noticed a performance problem with pcb.

[jg]Nope.

  In all
> cases I am running on a FC6 machine. Apart from using yum to install
> v20070208, in all other cases, I compiled them from source. In all cases -

> 4. In version 20080202, I find that I when I click on the menu it does
> not display the drop down box until a few seconds have elapsed.

What example layout are you loading to get this delay?

With a recent compiled from source  ver 1.99x  Feb 6 2008 19:01:57

I get times like 0.05 or so seconds for opening menu drop downs, library window, and
showing an outline of a to be placed part over the drawing area

for a design with ten or so components and 30 holes 1 x 2 inches.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX