Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb: unwanted merging of nets

Ken Lauffenburger wrote:
> What are the rules that gsch2pcb uses to rename nets?  Is it possible to
> disable this, and if so what is the setting?
>
> Here is what is happening:

> Found duplicate net name, renaming [SRESET] to [SRESETN]
> Found duplicate net name, renaming [HRESET] to [HRESETN]
>
> SRESET and SRESETN, and HRESET and HRESETN are intended to be four
> separate nets.  Apparently gsch2pcb assumes that SRESET and SRESETN are
> the same net and is trying to help me fix an error.

Sounds to me that you have shorted SRESET and SRESETN together on your
schematic somewhere.  Thats what that message means.  It collected
everything attached to a net and said "hey, you've labeled this one net
with 2 names".  I'd suggest you find where you have labeled one as
SRESET and trace it out to find out where you've shorted it to SRESETN.

-Dan