gEDA-user: Strange segfaults in gschem when adding big symbols

Hello,
I am using geda version 20070526 on gentoo 32 bit system, glibc 2.7. Whenever I want to place big symbol on a schematic page (like 500pin Xilinx, or event titleblock A1), gschem segfaults or looks up using 100% cpu power - no reaction on keyboard/mouse. I wanted to trace the problem with gdb but when I attach gdb to gschem it works right - no segfaults or lookups. I have the same situation on 2 different machines, but both with the same gentoo system and the same kernel 2.6.24.
Can somebody tell me what to do or what should I try? I am new to geda, but I really want to switch to it from my current closed source tools.

Best Regards,
Michael