Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog: specify path for $readmemh?

Mike Jarabek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You could try using a relative path,  that is:
>
> Replace "Romfile.txt" with "../sim/Romfile.txt"
>
> This might get you past the problem, at the expense of forcing the directory structure to always have the file in the 'sim' directory.  I think the Xilinx tools can deal with the slashes.

Thanks for the tip, that was the simplest solution that did it. Both,
Icarus and ISE/Webpack like the relative path information.

I ended up moving the file to the rtl folder, so calling Icarus from the
  ../sim folder finds the file and ISE/Webpack does so too.

Guenter