gEDA-user: PC emulator and HDL

Dear all,

I have an idea of a project, but actually i'm software developer rather than hardware designer, so i need you to help me to figure out the usability of it, my idea in short focus on the circuit designed to work wih computer e.g. computer prephierals.
I need to provide a method to simulate these circuits by using PC emulator, to be more specific you got your circuit in HDL, and you have this circuit  ready with e.g. parallel port interface, you virtually connect this circuit to PC emulator e.g.  bochs or qemu, and write a normal device driver in this guest Operating system.

The PC emulator will treat the HDL code as real hardware component.

Actually i do a quick prototype using qemu, and jHDL, with parallel port but not sure if this idea wll be useful to continue working on it or not so I need your advice.

Best regards,
asayed.