Re: gEDA-user: PC emulator and HDL

Dear all,

Hi John,
Larry got my idea, he interprets it correctly.

Hi Larry,
Thank you very much for your answer, actually before starting the prototype, i have the idea of using drivers source code, but i think about the following scenario, if the hardware designer want to simulate  his hardware and he wants to write a device driver for multiple OSes e.g. MS windows, Linux and Solaris, the scenario i expected is to have multiple ready OS images, and doing his own simulations, without a need to have a multiple machines with different architecture, and  Operating systems.

In software domain we used to have multiple frameworks to achieve the same goals, but with different approach, as a hardware designer is this applied in your field and do you encourage me to continue this project.

>> Steve and I both have code out there.  Tell me if you want me to
>> mumble more about it, and where to get it.
sure, i am really interested in it, I think it will be really useful in this project specially the part related message passing interface to the Icarus Verilog simulator.

Best regards,
Ahmed Sayed