Re: gEDA-user: PC emulator and HDL

John -

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 07:24:03PM -0500, John Griessen wrote:
> Larry Doolittle wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:19:30AM +0200, Ahmad Sayed wrote:
> >> The PC emulator will treat the HDL code as real hardware component.
> > This style of simulation is of course useful.  Steve W. and I have
> > both done similar work.
>
> I'm not sure what the parallel port does in this method. Are you meaning
> the PC+parallel port emulates some hardware at speeds of parallel port wires?

My interpretation is that there is hardware attached to
the PC parallel port that is modeled by (and maybe
synthesized from) HDL.  That hardware interacts with
software running on the computer.  The goal is to model
the combination of hardware and software, by making the
actual software interact with simulated hardware.

   - Larry