Re: gEDA-user: 3D Falcon feedback mouse?

True, and I actually do have a good old bt848 card that I got years ago! But anyway, I use a laptop for controlling this thing, and I guess I always assumed that a pcmcia bt848 card would be sort of spendy, and besides, having the camera ADC right on the same board or chip as the CCD/CMOS image sensor, then being able to grab frames directly over the USB is so nice. And besides, if I use an NTSC composite camera and a capture card, then I'll be dealing with interlaced video, which means that the odd field is 1/60th of a second before or after the even field, which means if there is any motion, I'll get interlace artifacts, which aren't good for machine vision.

So I really like the idea of a usb camera solution.

THanks, though!

-Jesse

andrewm wrote:
Jesse Gordon wrote:

I'm still looking for a good quality but small USB camera (low-res black
and white or high-res color prefered) that works with Linux, that is not
ov511 based, if anyone knows of such a thing.
(The ov511 works great, but has a bug which causes the auto light gain
control to get stuck with the brightness turned all the way up.)

A good old BT848 and a CCIR black and white camera would be very linux
freindly and then
you have much choice in camera.