Re: gEDA-user: PCB refdes selection problems... solved

I've seen the same behavior going back several revisions.  At some point certain refdes text becomes unselectable.  Sometimes restarting the program helps, sometimes I can get it back by turning layers off and on as you describe.

A related issue I've seen is that pcb sometimes has a preference for selecting text on the opposite side of the board from the one I'm working on.

And having silkscreen text in the area that is not a refdes can also make the selection problem worse.

Joe T