gEDA-user: PCB refdes selection problems... solved

Guys,
  Thanks for the ideas and hints.  I apparently bumped into
  something that starting everything to work again.  It
  seems that turning off all visible layers and then silk
  only enabled me to grab the text.  I moved a few refdes,
  then enabled the other usual visible layers and it now
  works like before.  Strange.

  Surely there is some subtle bug under this, but characterizing
  or replicating it would be tough.

  Whatever, for now, back to work. Thanks for the help.

  Roger