Re: gEDA-user: Grid Units in schematic editor

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 16:57 +0000, Alex Huntley wrote:
> I've started trying to use Geda for the first time, starting with the
>    schematic editor.
>    How do you change the grid units from imperial to metric (i.e. mm)?
>    Forgive me if it's obvious and I'm being thick but I have checked the
>    documentation and can't find anything.

For the schematics editor gschem the grid units are arbitrary -- there
is not a fixed unit, because schematics are abstract.

Printout is usually scaled to fit to paper size.
Most people use a title block, the border of this title block is then
scaled to fit on the paper. Some title-blocks are called something like
a4, but this is not really bound to a4 paper. We can use any title block
we want (and print it).

For gschem you can select grid size in menu, but you have to ensure that
pins of symbols end on grid points which are multiple of 100.