gEDA-user: PCB, configure: error: batch is not a valid gui

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 14:42 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> It is recognized by configure still.  You get a pcb with no gui at
> all, which is only useful if you want to use the exporters.  However,
> these days, it's better to configure with the "batch" gui, as you get
> fewer warning messages when running pcb.

I have just tested a PCB install without GUI for Gentoo.

Seems that

--with-gui=batch

does not really work, I got

>checking for which gui to use... batch
>configure: error: batch is not a valid gui

So instructions from configure are not sufficient?

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ ./configure --help |grep gui
--with-gui=	Specify the GUI to use: batch gtk lesstif [default=gtk]

Seems that --with-gui=batch even in conjunction with --without-gui does
not work.

A related question:

Is --enable-dbus only valid in conjunction with a GUI (GTK/Motif) or can
dbus be used if PCB is compiled without GUI (we have a bug related to
this in Gentoo bugzilla database).

Thanks

Stefan