Re: gEDA-user: PCB, configure: error: batch is not a valid gui

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 14:06 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > > So, look in src/hid/batch/hid.conf:
> > >
> > > type=gui
>
> Did you look in src/hid/batch/hid.conf ?

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ ls src/hid/batch/
batch.c  batch_lists.h
stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $

There is no hid.conf

> Did you see a "checking ./src/hid/batch/hid.conf" ?

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ ./configure --with-gui=batch |grep
batch
checking for which gui to use... batch
configure: error: batch is not a valid gui
stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $

Can not see a "checking ./src/hid/batch/hid.conf"

> > Currently this is done with --without-gui argument for ./configure.
>
> That should *not* work, I'm surprised that it does.

Sorry, my message was unclear: The --without-gui is currently used to
try to install PCB without GUI -- I think the Gentoo maintainers have
used this because it is mentioned in the INSTALL file:

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ grep without-gui INSTALL
       --without-gui       = specifies that no GUI will be built.  This
stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $

The maintainers can not test all possible installs -- this is why i
currently do some testing to improve the Gentoo install scripts
(ebuilds).