Re: gEDA-user: What is the current procedure and location to submit patches for PCB?

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The disadvantage of just emailing patches is that we tend to lose
> track of them.

I hear you.  The company I work for uses something called patchwork to
make sure patches don't get lost, they get delegated appropriately,
etc.  Some larger projects (notably the Linux kernel) use it.  You can
see an example of it here:
http://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/

The big downside would be that the gEDA project would have to
setup/host/maintain the patchwork server, database, etc.

> I don't mind if emailed patches are in git-patch form.  Not that I
> know what to do with them yet, but I've got to learn some day!

Great, thanks!  I generally just save the email containing the patch
locally, then run "git am <saved email>".  I don't do this frequently
though and have to think there's more efficient way.  There are also
some clever scripts that the patchwork project uses to ease the
process of downloading a patch, applying it, and updating the status
on the project's patchwork website.

Thanks,
Peter