Re: gEDA-user: Is it possible to run a command from the from the toolbar in gschem such as this? (Screenshot) (Peter Clifton)

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 11:01 -0700, Yamazaki R2 wrote:

> Nope it's GTK. I'm run xfce, I forget the name of the GTK them but its
> suppose to loosely mimic OSX (not that I'm a mac fan by any means,
> infact I never have and never will own a mac). And vauge memories of
> XP, are you saying you never use Windows at all? I'm not a Microsoft
> fanboy/apologist but XP/Vista is a good OS. I use it for my home
> desktop and at work (w/ VNC into linux). At home on my CAD computer
> (where gEDA and friends run) I run linux only.

I use XP very occasionally for testing the Win32 builds of gEDA (when I
was working on them). Since I've had my new laptop, I've not booted XP.
(It is on the HDD, but that came out of my old laptop, and I don't
expect windows to be happy with the HDD transplant!).

I'll repartition and use the HDD which came with the laptop when the
next Ubuntu comes out.. then I can have Vista Business edition as my
test Windows platform.

I typically feel very trapped and helpless in Win32. I miss all the Unix
tools. msys helps, but I don't find much point in using that when I can
just run Ubuntu instead.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,