Re: gEDA-user: Using .global statements in GNUcap and mult

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:28 PM, al davis <ad151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you are thinking of methods of speeding up a simulation, that
> has always been a high priority for Gnucap.

I know you are now preparing for a stable release, so following
concerns are not necessarily valid anymore.

I don't think performance is a selling point of Gnucap. Most potential
users simply want a functional, feature-rich, open-source circuit
simulator. I particularly like the modular design of Gnucap and its
planned features (new models, verilog-a, parametrized components).
OTOH, what I am missing is some stability and robustness. Think things
like not crashing, ability to probe signals at lower levels of
hierarchy, working post-processing/measurements, robust operating
point analysis etc.

As for the simulation performance, there are many things to improve as
well. Gnucap still doesn't support gear integration method, its
transient simulation time step control is very brittle and output data
are saved in non-indexed text files.

Regards,

-r.