Re: gEDA-user: pinseq - pinnumber?

On Mar 11, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 17:35:21 John Doty wrote:
>
>> And all of the crazy IEC417 symbols (whose pins aren't real anyway).
>
> Now that I have my own set of nicely-matching lightweight symbols,
> the only
> syms I really use from the gEDA symbols package are the IEC417
> ones... really
> useful for block diagrams in documentation!

Yeah, but you never make a netlist from them. So the "pins" and
"nets" could just be lines and it would make no difference. Also
IEC417/ground.sym in the current 1.4 release is poisonous to real
schematics, although Stuart has fixed it in the dev version.

The IEC417 symbols are graphics without the formal topological
meaning of schematic symbols. "Pins" generally (but not always!)
represent ports, not nets. They are a path to madness for newbies who
don't understand this.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx