Re: gEDA-user: Converting square/circular pads to oval(elliptical) pads

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 11:55 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:
>Remove the "square" flag from the pad definition. You can edit the
> .pcb file directly, or in the GUI select the elements that you want to
> change and type ":ChangeSquare(Selected)"

You can not direct convert circular pads to extended oval pads.
There are some through-hole footprints with oval pads available, i.e.
from http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-footprint-list.html. But these
are build from two overlapping pads, one circular with the hole, and one
rectangular with round caps.