Re: gEDA-user: mail to Stephen Williams

For the record, and this is the last I'll say about this, the access
list that the icarus.com mail server uses is kept copied here:

  <ftp://ftp.icarus.com/pub/access.spam>

The policy is simple and somewhat automatic: If an IP source sends mail
to icarus.com that is clearly spam, the assumption is that the sender
is virus infected or otherwise hacked and the /24 for that host goes
right into the list. If the /16 habitually gets listed, then the whole
/16 goes into the list.

It's not completely automated because whois information from many
of the biggest places are very very very opaque.

White-listing is an option if your mail comes from a fixed IP within
an otherwise bad neighborhood. I assume that the claim here is that
setoy.chost.de is asking for white-listing. Done.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,