Re: gEDA-user: [pcb GTK HID] Updated patch for filters in filechooser dialog

Hi Steven, Hardkrash, all on the list,

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 18:32 -0700, Steven Michalske wrote:
> Bert,
>
> just a question about the shell style globs for the filters.
>
> you are adding two of the posable capitalizations
>
> +    gtk_file_filter_add_pattern (pcb_filter, "*.pcb");
> +    gtk_file_filter_add_pattern (pcb_filter, "*.PCB");
>
> Will gtk's globs use the following syntax?
>
> +    gtk_file_filter_add_pattern (pcb_filter, "*.[Pp][Cc][Bb]");
>
> If it did, it would match
>
> pcb
> Pcb
> pCb
> pcB
> PCB
>
> and only use one glob pattern
>

> also I thought we made mime types and the gtk chooser can use mime
> types too.....
> gtk_file_filter_add_mime_type()

I have overlooked this possibility and will investigate if the mime
types registered for gEDA-pcb do comply with the shell style glob
pattern you propose.

I also do not know if the gtk_file_filter_add_pattern() call actually
supports the expression "*.[Pp][Cc][Bb]", and I will investigate this as
well.

Thanks for your comments and the opportunity to dig deeper into gtk
stuff,

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.