Re: gEDA-user: NE 555 and simulation issue

>Seriously - simulating for things like this is not going to be the best
>way to design circuits.. physical variation between parts, and
>discrepancies between the model and reality, plus limited choices of
>real-world resistor values will mean it is pretty pointless trying to
>get any more accurate than what I've just calculated above.

It has been my experience that circuit modeling tools although useful
are not able to negate the need to understand the low level principles
of the underlying circuit. The better you understand the physics of
what is going on the more value you will get from your circuit modelling.

All the best,

Geoff.