Re: gEDA-user: I am such a troll for posting to slashdot

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM, timecop <timecop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> standard parts library.  And if you're making footprints and symbols,
>> text files generated by scripts are FAR superior to any GUI.  I'd never
>> get 100-1000 pins right if I had to use a GUI.
> lol, every altium user disagrees.
> if you ever seen their IPC pattern / component wizard, you wouldn't be
> saying this.

Would this be even (legally) possible for an open source app given the
licensing of the IPC standards?  (I have no idea what the license
restrictions are, just asking)

I've seen some gui-oriented pattern wizards for PCB floating around,
but always preferred the script method myself so haven't tried them.

Jared