Re: gEDA-user: I am such a troll for posting to slashdot

Hi all,

FWIW,

Just my EUR 0.02 on the subject.

It all makes sense.

Basically the same strategy Autodesk used in the 90's with AutoCAD, "leak"
some cracked versions into the tech university world and the harvest is
payed licensed versions when those students land in the Corporate world, and
Autodesk has become a market leading company this way (with it's resources).

It's not too late to outdo Eagle or any other closed source app, only a
*huge* effort needs to be made.

As it is now we can't even setup a decent mirror system for stuff without
donations, and even donations sponsored source improvements go slow (LF).

The "scratch-your-own-itch" attitude won't work in this playfield, we need
resources, sponsors etc.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.