Re: gEDA-user: net= syntax in gschem

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 10:45 +0900, John Doty wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > No, it IS _pinnumber_. pinseq is for slotting and spice ordering only.
> > When wiring up a net to a pin (no attributes involved), it is ONLY ever
> > "pinnumber" which makes it into the netlist.
>
> Oops, you're right. Shouldn't do email before morning coffee. Sorry.

You probably saw the muddle I got into over the terminology used in PCB,
pinnumber and pinname. (Conclusion: pinnumber is the one which matters).

It is confusing to have so many similar terms for "nearly" identical
things.. especially in the age where "pinnumbers" can be things like
"B23".

TBH, I would have thought "pinlabel" the best for the visual text, and
"pinname" the best for connectivity, but I'm probably only confusing
matters more by introducing a counter-factual into an already confusing
reality.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,