Re: gEDA-user: net= syntax in gschem

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 07:31 +0900, John Doty wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2010, at 6:19 AM, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > (:1 refers to the pin(number?) of a component which the named net
> > connects to when using the net= attribute on a component).
>
> pinseq, not pinnumber.

No, it IS _pinnumber_. pinseq is for slotting and spice ordering only.
When wiring up a net to a pin (no attributes involved), it is ONLY ever
"pinnumber" which makes it into the netlist.

I've just tested with the "geda" backend to gnetlist with the attached
test schematic. The connector has 3 pins.. their pinseq are 1, 2, 3,
their pinnumbers are PN1, PN2, PN3, and for sake of disambiguation,
their pinlabels are PL1, PL2, PL3.

I've tested net= attributes with names matching a pinlabel, a pinnumber
and a pinseq.

gnetlist correctly treats the :? part of the net=<netname>:<pinnumber>
as a pinnumber.

net=TEST1:PL1 defines a new pin, pinnumber "PL1"
net=TEST2:PN2 correctly connects to the existing pin numbered "PN2"
net=TEST3:3   defines a new pin, pinnumber "3"

The symbolic pins with name PN1 and PN3 are only connected to their
respective unnamed nets.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,