Re: gEDA-user: Questions about filling/using large nets/fills.

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 08:25:47 -0500, Jim wrote:

> I was playing around with filling in the blank space with copper and
> thought it made sense to put part of it at ground potential, however I
> can't seem to run a connection to a rectangle from a ground pin.  How's
> one go about that?

Use the thermal tool to make a pin connect to a surrounding polygon.

see the faq on how to connect polygons with other objects:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#how_can_i_connect_tracks_pads_or_vias_to_my_polygon

> The second question is pretty similar, I have to lay out an audio amp
> circuit and little tiny wires that work well in digital electronics are
> much less useful for audio.  So I want to have some rather large swaths
> of copper connected to  parts.  I nice wide ground path makes life in
> the audio world much easier.  I know you can adjust the width of lines
> for the route styles.  Is that the way to do it?

Choose the route style you want to change and click on the header
"Route Style" just below the tool buttons. A dialog pops up, that
allows you to set the line width along with several other parameters
of the route style.

Alternatively, close pcb and edit the line "route-styles" in
	$HOME/.pcb/preferences

HTH,

---<(kaimartin)>---
--