Re: gEDA-user: NE 555 and simulation issue

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:18:10 -0500, al davis wrote:

>  Unfortunately, progress has
> been hampered by a development team that is far too small,

IMHO, a big obstacle to widespread use of gnucap in geda related projects
is missing integration with gschem. A feature to easily export a subset
of the current circuit to gnucap would is critical as it significantly
lowers the entry barrier. As long as this level of ease is not reached,
ltspice is the most rational choice to get the job done for simple
circuits.

The other big issue I see, is a lack of default models for the most
common analog components. As with ease of use, ltspice wins hands down at
this discipline. I'd be more than happy to see progress with both these
issues.

> and not much open community involvement.

community involvement will develop if the tool gets used by a critical
amount of users. No users, no community. So, if the gnucap project is to
gain momentum, it needs to concentrate on usability first.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211