Re: gEDA-user: Filled arrows in gschem

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 17:25 +0000, Phil Frost wrote:
> I've noticed in my version of gschem (1.6.0.20091004) some of the
> symbols (like npn-1.sym) have filled arrows. Is it possible to create
> these by means other than copying them from a symbol that already has
> them, or maybe editing the symbol source? I'm looking in the add menu,
> and don't see anything applicable.

No, sorry for the wild-goose-chase.

The path syntax in the file format closely matches that of an SVG path,
so if you have something complex to draw, you might like to start out in
Inkscape, remembering that you need to start from around a 0,0 origin
(putting you in the corner of the gschem page).

The file-format accepts all kinds of SVG path syntax, but will save as
absolute move-to, line-to and curve-to sections.

The file-format is described here:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec?s=file%20format#path

And specifically:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec?s=file%20format#path_data

An in-gschem path editor is on the agenda for gEDA 1.8.x, but there is
no code (that I know of) which has been started yet. It will probably
wait for some other re-factorings to settle down before getting written.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,