Re: gEDA-user: rant: pcb print from command line

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 12:10 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So what can we do?  How can we get people with *less* experience more
> involved in solving this problem?  That opens up the "labor pool" so
> to speak, letting the main developers work on the "hard" problems.
>
> How about this idea:

I like the ideas, but am not sure if there will be enough support to
staff two new groups with those not already developers.    It seems
like step #1a would be to clean up the SF repository of patches and
bugs.  Given access to change things on SF I'd be willing to start
trudging through and cleaning it up if there was enough reason to
believe that it would eventually be used.  I would also be wiling to
host a git repo to apply and test patches to for eventual inclusion in
the public repo, again with the assurance that eventually it would get
pulled in.  However, alone I'm not sure if I'd make progress fast
enough to keep up.

Another problem is I unfortunately don't have much time for PCB
development lately (as it isn't part of my "day job"), so don't
actually use the software very much, so am probably not the best
tester of new patches.  (but I want to help because when I do get
around to doing a PCB here and there, I like to have nice open source
tools to do it with :)  It'd be nice to get people to volunteer for
this group who use PCB on a regular basis and would actual
non-trivially test patches before they were recommended for the main
line.

The benefit I see of being in this group is the ability to get your
own patches in front of the line. :)

Jared