gEDA-user: pcb option --layer-stack

The output of pcb -h says:
/------------
--layer-stack <string>   Initial layer stackup, for setting up an export.
\------------

This seems to be a means to choose the output layers when printing from
the command line. If I deliberately set the string to some arbitrary
value, I get a warning telling me that this is no good layer name,
followed by a list of allowed layer names. I get no such warning, if I
use these layer names separated by commas. So I assume, my string gets
accepted as a layer-stack.

However, the eps export HID does not seem to care what layers I mention
in the layer stack. I always get all layers with the silk screen printed
on top. Is this a bug, or do I misinterpret the description of the layer-
stack option?

---<(kaimartin)>---

PS: There is no description whatsoever on layer stacks in the pcb manual.
Most options in the section "command line options" are obsolete
 http://pcb.gpleda.org/pcb-cvs/pcb.html#Command_002dLine-Options
Is there a reason, why this section of the manual did receive an update
when the actual command line options were changed?

I have mentioned this deficiency in the manual more than once on the
mailing list, since I started looking into command line printing -- about
two years ago. Would it help, if I file a bug report on this rather
misleading documentation?

If  this is again a case of lack of developer cycles, how about letting
trusted non-developers improve the manual?

--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211