Re: gEDA-user: pcb option --layer-stack

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:30:16 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Did you include the --as-shown option too?

That did the trick. Now I can print specific layers :-)
But what I really want, is a print of the components on the bottom side of
the board. So I added --action-string 'SwapSides()' to the command line.
Unfortunately, this gets me a segfault:

$ pcb -x eps --layer-stack "bottom,silk" \
> --as-shown \
> --action-string 'SwapSides()' \
> --eps-file "/tmp/out.eps" phasen.pcb
Looking for default_font in .
Can't open ./default_font for reading
Looking for default_font in /usr/local/bin/../share/pcb
Found default_font in /usr/local/bin/../share/pcb
Executing startup action SwapSides()
Segmentation fault

Note, whatever causes this, is exposed by my command line print patch.
Without the patch the action string would not be executed in the first
place. It is not a general problem, though. Other actions like Display()
are executed fine.

Any idea where to look for a reason for the segfault?

>> PS: There is no description whatsoever on layer stacks in the pcb
>> manual.
>
> The woefully obsolete manual?

Sure. Is there any other? ;-)

>> If this is again a case of lack of developer cycles, how about letting
>> trusted non-developers improve the manual?
>
> Go ahead.

Ok, I'll bite.
Looks like the manual is derived from pcb/doc/pcb.texi . So I'll edit
this file and and post a diff to this mailing list, right?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211