Re: gEDA-user: pcb: functions in hidnogui.c

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 20:03 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Can some developer enlighten me, where the procedure
> > nogui_invalidate_lr gets called?
>
> Run pcb in gdb, set a breakpoint there.
>
> There are two purposes here... we need a HID that is a prototype for
> new HIDs, hence the CRASH commands all throughout that.  In addition,
> a "do-nothing" hid is needed for non-GUI runs.  However, we also have
> the batch HID for running batch commands, perhaps we should use that
> instead of the nogui hid?

Having looked at it, I think it is pretty safe just to remove the CRASH
statements in the hidnogui HID. (Both invalidate_lr and invalidate_all).

Alternatively, we would have to provide a NOP implementation of the two
invalidate calls in each HID. I'd suggest (if this route is taken),
making a new common helpers routine (perhaps rename drawhelpers.c), and
provide NOP "common_invalidate_{lr,all}" functions which the non-GUI
HIDs can all use.

I've pushed out some groundwork, removing various cruft such as the
init_done flag (I think Ineiev had a similar patch), and removing the
third, unused invalidate_wh method.

As regards the printing.. I think it would be nice if the exporter HIDs
took an explicit command-line parameter to determine which side of the
board to export. The PNG exporter already does this for photo-mode.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,