Re: gEDA-user: On integrating simulator in gschem

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM, kai-martin knaak

> grace has them all and more.

It doesn't support waveform formats produced by popular analog and
digital simulators. It doesn't make it easy to browse a (sometimes
very large) signal database, select signals and quickly apply some
common EE-specific operations on them. Finally, it wasn't optimized
for processing 2 weeks' worth of simulation results efficiently.

Those are features that some of good waveform viewers have.
Unfortunately none of them is open source and such tool would indeed
be very useful, regardless of what the rest of the design flow looks
like.

Grace and gnuplot are good tools in their own domains. And yes, they
are useful for an EE too (e.g. for preparing publication quality
plots).

> IMHO, you underestimate the effort to get were grace and gnuplot already
> are.

I had a look at oscope and it seams fairly well designed. Authors have
done a pretty good job so far so I wouldn't be worried about their
qualifications. I would certainly not discourage them from further
work on their tool.

-r