Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL Branches: URGENT WARNING

Peter Clifton wrote:

>> It has come to my attention that my PCB+GL branches (starting from
>> "polygon_speedup" onwards, contain a flaw which can in some
>> circumstances result in subtly corrupted polygons - which can in turn
>> ruin a finished board's connectivity.

Thanks for the warning!
Luckily, I haven't been bitten by this bug, yet.

> Looks like this is due to poly_ContourInContour sometimes mistakenly
> returning TRUE for touching contours.

You mean two polygons touching, but not solidly overlapping?

> For those looking to _use_ my branches, I'd recommend the above
> workaround rather than re-fetching my branches with the attached patch
> applied.

Wouldn't it suffice to switch to the stable version of pcb for gerber
output?

> The patch causes a huge slow-down due to its more obsessive
> testing.

How about activating the obsessive tests only on export, or on explicit
demand by the user? Say, with a button "recalculate polygons".

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: