Re: gEDA-user: GSoC -- Not accepted :-(

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 11:23 -0700, Mike Bushroe wrote:
> I have recently joined another open-source, open-hardware group working
>    on self-replicating rapid prototypers ([1]RepRap) they were also hoping
>    to get supported in this years Google Summer of Code. And I think that
>    they have a worthy project (and have already addicted me to trying to
>    make and improve my own designs), but they started building an
>    application way to late, and also missed the boat this year. Maybe
>    next. There is still a HUGE amount of development to go.
>    Mike

Perhaps you could teach them the virtues of using Open Source software
to make their replicating robots.. gEDA (or KiCAD) over Eagle any day!

Reliance on commercial / cripple-ware tools where a open alternative is
available is a big fail for such an otherwise great project.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,