Re: gEDA-user: Distributed Symbols for Complex Devices(like Processors). How?

Jean Richard wrote:

> Why don't we add a contrib/ directory to geda (and then mention it in
> the README and on the wiki) so we can include some of these scripts and
> Makefiles that everyone is talking about?

There is already
	http://gedasymbols.org

Several users have put their scripts over there. See for example DJs page:
	http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/
or mine
	http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/kai_martin_knaak/

IMHO, this aspect of the site should be spread more aggressively, both to
new users and to potential contributors. A collection of links to these
scripts may be useful, too.

> It seems to me somewhat unreasonable and certainly unpractical to say
> "Here's a toolkit, go write your own script to use it.",

ack.

----<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak