gEDA-user: PCB Realign Grid

I am having some trouble with pcb View - Align Grid. I am trying to
use it to align the snap grid to a component pin. However it is not
having any effect. I have tried various permutations of adjusting grid
size and units - turning snap to pin on and off and anything else that
I thought may potentially have an impact. I also tried closing and
re-opening and starting a new layout adding a single footprint then
trying to realign to that. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how Align Pin
is intended to function.

cheers,

Geoff

(I am using the pcjc2 -gl before pours branch with the polygon.c
#define adjustment and the latest toporouter.c updates)