Re: gEDA-user: PCB Realign Grid

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:42:37 +1100, Geoff Swan wrote:

> I am having some trouble with pcb View - Align Grid. I am trying to use
> it to align the snap grid to a component pin. However it is not having
> any effect.

I can confirm, that realign grid does not do anything useful with the
default configuration of pcb (GTK-GUI). However, with the lesstif GUI
realign grid works as advertised in section 3.1.2 of the pcb manual: When
choosing the new align point, the crosshair still locks to the old grid,
but the cursor points to the new grid point.

With both GUIs the realign entry in the menu executes GetXY(). Perhaps
this is an inconsistency between GTK-GUI and lesstif-GUI: With GTK the
action GetXY() returns the position of the cross hair. By contrast, with
lesstif the same action returns the position of the cursor.

By the way, the option "--draw-grid" does not work for either GUI.

---<)kaiamrtin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211