Re: gEDA-user: SFlags definition question

> I think your question concerns solder mask, not copper clearance. So you
> can use the "Solder Mask" button on the left (GTK) to make solder mask
> relief visible.
>
> If you need this via as thermal via for parts with thermal center pad,
> and you want a rectangular shape: You may use a footprint with center
> pad on the top, and maybe on the bottom too. I used thermal pads on the
> top only, but for hand soldering I needed a rectangular area free of
> solder mask in the bottom, so I put single rectangular pads at that
> location on the bottom side, with some thermal vias on it.

Yes I means Solder mask. Thanks for your suggestion I will try that.

> Only developers should need more details.

Well I'm working my way up:
novice -> user -> power user -> developer
If I start absorbing details only when I start to develop it may be a
bit late. Besides that I am a bit of a control freak and I really like
to know what's what in my designs.
On the other hand I understand that you developers do not have the time
to explain every small detain to every novice that comes along claiming
he wants to become a developer.
But if the PCB project needs more developers they need to be grown (I
read that here on the list some time ago ;-), not that I claim to be
developer material but I like to understand PCB as much as possible and
maybe how knows..some day..

Just point me in the right direction with my silly questions and tell me
here to look (here in the sources?, here on the internet?, ?)

Thanks for all your time.
Regards, Robert.