Re: gEDA-user: SFlags definition question

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:54 +0100, myken wrote:

> Question 1: is the clearance valid for both sides of the pcb?

I think your question concerns solder mask, not copper clearance. So you
can use the "Solder Mask" button on the left (GTK) to make solder mask
relief visible.

If you need this via as thermal via for parts with thermal center pad,
and you want a rectangular shape: You may use a footprint with center
pad on the top, and maybe on the bottom too. I used thermal pads on the
top only, but for hand soldering I needed a rectangular area free of
solder mask in the bottom, so I put single rectangular pads at that
location on the bottom side, with some thermal vias on it.

> Question 2:
> In the documentation (pcb.pdf generated during installation) I find in
> section 8.8.28 Via that the last argument is an SFlags.

Some information about SFlags is available in footprint documentation,
i.e. http://www.ssalewski.de/PcbFootprintRef.txt. Only developers should
need more details.