Re: gEDA-user: pcb DRC

This is the board:

 http://www.ieap.uni-kiel.de/et/people/stephan/solo/eda/erena/erena.pcb

Any idea if it is a good idea to just ignore these violations?

Blindly ignoring violations is probably not a good idea. Better to understand them first.

I hope you don't think I am picking on you, and maybe I am mis-reading the design, but I think there's a bunch of stuff wrong:

1. You have silkscreen printing going right through most of your pads. How do you plan to solder to that?

2. Many of your parts are placed *extremely* close together. Certainly a pick and place machine won't be able to handle it. Hand placing may be difficult. I'm not sure if you'll be able to solder to them.

3. On the signal layer, you have a big copper ring going along the perimeter, unconnected to anything. That is not a good idea. Maybe you intended this to be a ground guard ring? If so, it should connect to ground.

There's more.  Have I misunderstood your layout?

gene