Re: gEDA-user: Advanced grids in GTK Pcb

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:57:44 +0000
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 18:06 +0100, Felix Ruoff wrote:
>
> Ctrl+0 will restore those to a "nominal" size too - but I don't think
> this is relevant for gEDA. I don't think "zoom to fit" quite matches.

Base the "nominal" zoom level on the DPI of the monitor on which the PCB window (or most of it) is sitting, as reported by X.

I'd go with a default of two pixels per DPI (such that on an average ~100 DPI screen, one inch of board spans 200 pixels), but allow the user to adjust the ratio.  Automatically fall back to "zoom to fit" if the rendered image would end up smaller than the window, like it does now.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."