Re: gEDA-user: Anybody have any experience with cheap chinese reflow ovens?

 I got a T-962A from these guys:
http://www.ownta.com/t962a-reflow-soldering-machine.html

This is a heavy unit so shipping was expensive, though I cannot remember exactly how much right now. It came DHL and I had it in about a week. I paid through paypal. Got a order confirmation, shipping confirmation, tracking number. All the normal stuff. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I use it for prototype and kind of a mini production line. I've probably run over 150 boards through it so far.

1: I got the 962A for the larger area. For a half height PCI card, basically 2.5" x 7", I can do 3 at a time. I can fit four but I find the quality of the joints are better with 3 max. For smaller boards I've loaded up a dozen at a time. Max area for the 962A is 300mm x 320mm

2: The font panel keypad is not very good. Their membrane switch debounce software needs a tweak in the timing. It seems to jump back a menu more than it should. This is not a big issue though.

3: The built in heat profiles work well. I've done both leaded and LF. You can also program your own profile. It's easy to do but takes a little planning with a pencil and paper. You program in 10 second intervals.

4: If you are ramping the temp up rather fast it will overshoot by 20C or a little more if the unit has not done a cycle yet. The best thing is to run a empty cycle first to get some heat into the unit.

5: It does a good job of staying on the heat profile once it's warmed up. Nothing like a big production line system will do but still good enough for what I do.

You might also look at a hot air gun.  I got one of those before the oven.