Re: gEDA-user: Google Summer of Code 2011

Hi Stefan,

I hope not to discourage you ;-)

Fped is a footprint editor for Kicad "modules".

I'm currently coding an addition for creating pcb footprints, which is
almost done, I only have to create and send a patch to the main dev of fped.

Information regarding fped can be found here:

http://people.openmoko.org/werner/fped/gui.html and here:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/PCB/fped

The source lives here:

http://svn.openmoko.org/trunk/eda/fped/

I'm trying to code a footprint wizard myself at:

https://github.com/bert/pcb-fpw

And

https://launchpad.net/pcb-fpw

And

https://github.com/bert/pcb-fpw/wiki/User-Manual-for-pcb-gfpw

This one is aimed to be more resembling with the IPC Footprint Calculator
without violating IP and such.

I hope to release version 0.0.11 this month.

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.