Re: gEDA-user: Anybody have any experience with cheap chinese reflow ovens?

On 03/02/2011 12:53 AM, yamazakir2 wrote:
I bought a $30 toaster oven from walmart and yeah you guys are right
it seems to work fine.

If you buy a ramp and soak thermocouple controller off ebay, and
graft the two together, it will work as well as the
"IR Reflow Station" box from China.   The toaster oven ideally should
be a wall of even red heat, rather than a central blob or strip.

Levente did some with this, I think.  I remember soemone saying they
got results putting the thermocouple in contact with a separate
piece of copper laminate the same type as they were heating to reflow.

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX