Re: gEDA-user: PCIe x1 connector footprints

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Stephen Ecob
<silicon.on.inspiration@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for PCIe x1 footprints, both card and motherboard sides.
>
> Ethan Swint posted PCIe x4 footprints to this list in February 2009,
> my current plan is to reduce these down to PCIe x1.
> Has anyone used Ethan's footprints ? It'd be nice to know if they've
> been fabbed and loaded successfully, or if anyone has improved them in
> some way.
>
> BTW thanks for posting the x4 footprints Ethan!

http://dlharmon.com/~dlharmon/pciex1.pcb

This is a board with a PCIe x1 card edge. It is currently in my PC and
does fit properly. I thought you might want the outline too.

It uses the Altera Cyclone 4 GX FPGA. I currently have writes from the
host to the board working and should shortly have reads and DMA
working. I intend to release both the hardware and software under an
open license when it is done. A simple but high speed interface to the
PC is something that is not easily available at this time. I hope to
change that with this project.

Darrell Harmon