gEDA-user: PCB very slow on new laptop

   I have recently got a new laptop, a Lenovo ThinkPad X201. However, I'm
   having a rather annoying problem with pcb. When trying to zoom in or
   scroll, it is incredibly slow - taking a second or more to do any
   action. I'm running pcb on another laptop and it doesn't have any
   problems, it's very fast, and I'm testing them with the same pcb file.
   I suspect that it has something to do with the Intel integrated
   graphics, as the other laptop has ATI. Has anyone encountered these
   problems? btw, new one is running 32-bit Ubuntu 10.10 (soon to upgrade
   to 64-bit), the other is running 64-bit 10.04. PCB version is the same:
   20091103, plucked from the Ubuntu repos.
   Many thanks.