Re: gEDA-user: Cheap pcbs ( was: info on pcbinternational)

On 3/24/11 10:17 PM, John Griessen wrote:
But hey, if I can come up with something that would benefit from a 7K
mainframe
and timebase sweeping along at 400MHz ... maybe. It's a small market.

  I dunno; there are a LOT of 7000-series scopes out there!

I'm doing the 7K flex extenders because of the prebuyers and relatively
sure thing
as a way to get ready for more adventure in kit manufacturing,
then assembled-tested product mfrg...

The plugin-back-end boards without a connector and wires will sell for
$15 apiece
with volume discounts if you buy more. Have dead 7K plugins with good
plastic
back-end? Have lots of development time? Make custom amps for your 7K
scopes
with these boards as a start.

That sounds like a really good idea. I might be interested in getting in on this, time permitting, after my (possible) move. Hmm, I wonder if those plastic ends would be reprap-fabbable. It's an odd shape.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL