Re: gEDA-user: Cheap pcbs ( was: info on pcbinternational)

On 03/24/2011 08:12 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
http://ecosensory.com/tek/tek_7k_flex-prototype-1-sm.gif

Whoa, you're doing some Tek 7000-series plugin hacking?  Mind if I ask for more information?

Hi Dave,

Dave Casey asked for plugin prototyping capability for some ideas he has.
I have not got an idea for a 7K "new" plugin at the moment.

Most of my ideas for salable instruments need ethernet programability
and IEEE 1588 time syncing or some such... and often a radio connection...

But hey, if I can come up with something that would benefit from a 7K mainframe
and timebase sweeping along at 400MHz ...  maybe.  It's a small market.

I'm doing the 7K flex extenders because of the prebuyers and relatively sure thing
as a way to get ready for more adventure in kit manufacturing,
then assembled-tested product mfrg...

The plugin-back-end boards without a connector and wires will sell for $15 apiece
with volume discounts if you buy more.  Have dead 7K plugins with good plastic
back-end?  Have lots of development time?  Make custom amps for your 7K scopes
with these boards as a start.

John